Completed in 1924, this was the grand entrance to the City Beautiful, Coral Gables. In 1965 it was threatened with demolition for a supermarket. The Villagers was formed in 1966 to help save and restore this important landmark.
Originally constructed in 1887, this one-room schoolhouse was moved to Plymouth Church in 1970. The Villagers have funded restoration, maintenance and furnishings. They also provide a "teacher" in period costume to tell countless school children the story of the early school.
The major program involves giving grants for preservation to historic sites in Miami-Dade County. To date, just over $1 million has been distributed to almost every historic place in the County which is open to the public.
Scholarships are given to college students at UM, FIU and UF in the field of historic preservation. The DASH also receives scholarships for needy students. To date, over $250,000 has been distributed.
First Vice President-President Elect
Second Vice President-Membership
Third Vice President - Projects
Mary Beth Burke
Member-At-Large, Past President
No Paid Staff
This organization's financial statements were independently submitted and have not been verified by The Miami Foundation.