Students at Academy for International Education discover a welcoming atmosphere of warmth and security which soon evolves into a diverse and challenging academic environment. The curriculum meets the intellectual, social, and physical needs of the students while providing students with the opportunity to work and learn from classmates of different countries, cultures, and backgrounds.
We are a community that cares deeply about its students within a structure of high expectations. We pride ourselves on having a talented and imaginative faculty, capable of producing citizens who think freely and respond with reason.
At Academy for International Education, you will find
• Small-school, student centered environment
• Strong sense of community
• Personalized educational experience
• Research-based curriculum
• Technology-rich classrooms
• Highly-qualified, state-certified teachers
• Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Program and lab
• Award-winning Music Program
• Rosetta Stone Language Program
• Comprehensive School Counseling Program
• Mindfulness Kids Program
• Intervention Program, small group instruction, and tutoring available to all
The Academy for International Education provides not only a strong base in core coursework, but also a range of enrichment infused into the curriculum and offered in the afterschool program. Technology is introduced in kindergarten as a means of engaging students and unlocking a world beyond the classroom through a blended learning model.
Art and Music Programs
Art and music classes celebrate exploration of learning in collaboration with the core curriculum. The instrumental and choral program is one of the best in the area producing students recognized locally and at the state level.
Through the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Program students are excited by hands-on, project-based, real-world challenges and competitions.
President, Board Chair
Fisher Island Day School, retired M-DCPS Administrator
retired M-DCPS Administrator
Dean of Upper School
Dean of Lower School
Dean of Student Services
This organization's financial statements were independently submitted and have not been verified by The Miami Foundation.